Rebecca is a fully trained yoga therapy teacher, having completed a 4 year, 800hr yoga therapy training and 150hr internship, and with over 4 years of experience working therapeutically with people with a variety of issues from
- physical problems and injuries, for example: back pain, neck pain, shoulder pain, hip pain, broken bones, muscles strains and tears, scoliosis, lordosis, khyphosis, herniated discs, spondylosis, spondylolisthesis, flat feet, plantar fasciatis
- to physiological conditions and illnesses, for example: asthma, arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, type 1 and type 2 diabetes, inflammatory bowel conditions, hormone imbalances, cancers, heart disease, lung disease….
- including people who are recovering from covid and other illnesses to help get their energy and vitality back, re-strengthen their lungs and immune systems, and bring them back into balance
- to mental, emotional and psychological issues for example: anxiety, depression, over-thinking, heart-break/bereavement, low self-esteem, trauma, addiction recovery
- to spiritual development for example those who wish to deepen their personal spiritual practices
- as well as working with people who want a personalised, tailored yoga practice to take them deeper along the path laid out in the yoga sutras
A yoga therapy session with Rebecca involves a consultation to chat about what’s going on for you, and what you’d like to get from your yoga practice, as well as a short check of your body and alignment to give Rebecca a whole picture of what’s best for you. Rebecca then designs your practice and takes you through it. You receive a hand out of your practice for you to follow at home til your next session.
Depending on your condition and how acute it is, the next session will be scheduled with your agreement. If its an acute issue (like a herniated disc that’s impeding your ability to walk) it may require the first few sessions to be a week or so apart, if its a more chronic condition, it will be more like 3-4 weeks between the first few sessions. Usually it will take no more than 6 sessions to come out of the problem, and often the later sessions would likely be months rather than weeks apart. Some people like to keep on their yoga path at this point either continuing with a personal tailored practice from Rebecca, or moving to more general classes or practices in other directions.
Initial consultations last 90 minutes and cost £75 (this includes everything detailed above and support with any questions or clarifications required after the session), subsequent sessions can be 60 minutes for £60, or 90mins again (depending on the situation). Everything is arranged by agreement, so don’t let finances be an impediment to getting help – Rebecca is happy to discuss prices to suit your means.
Rebecca is working with people all over the world via video call and when restrictions allow, limited in person sessions too.
If you’re interested in a personally tailored practice, or know of someone who could benefit, you can contact Rebecca to book a session or for more information on firstname.lastname@example.org
Yoga is so much more than just a series of postures. It deals with our whole wellbeing -and lifestyle and nutrition are a critical part of this. How we feed ourselves has a huge impact on our health, energy and state of mind.
Rebecca is a certified culinary nutritionist and offers a series of nutrition & wellness coaching options
– Private Nutrition Coaching (this can be incorporated with yoga and/or holistic therapy)
– Bespoke Private Mini-Retreats